HOW IT ALL BEGAN
Before Edison School District 54JT was established, students attended 8 different one-room school houses in the community. These school houses were: Edison, Victor, Leader, Eastern Star, Monroe, Signal Rock, Lincoln, and Lewis.
July 1, 1916 the District School Board voted to combine all eight one-room schools into one school called Edison. Many of the old school buildings were moved onto the Edison School grounds and used as homes. Edison School District 54JT was originally located in Pueblo County.
In 1947, Cockleburr School along with Community Center School also joined Edison School.